Tuesday, September 27, 2011

MIKE WAZOWSKI

I have a friend, his name is Mike Makowski. Mike and I have been friends since the seventh grade. We met in Mrs. Keys social studies class where he one day borrowed a pencil from me. The next day he slipped this letter to me, being that I am who I am I figured it was some sort of letter professing his love for me. But, it wasn't it was a thank you letter, a LONG thank you letter, as even he will admit to this very day. Then later on in Mr. Sanders in home room in high school he and I sat next to one another and he would draw this little bunny he named, "Atom" and this rabbit was basically this on-going comic book character that blew things up. I thought it was hilarious. Then there was John McCollum, he was a weird little boy, he may have had narcolepsy, I don't know, but he sat on the other side of Makowski, so me and Makowski would always stare at him, we were looking at his profile, and his mouth was always open and he would even drool sometimes (no, there is nothing wrong with him actually) So anyhow, 18-19 years later Mike Makowski is one of my favorite humans on the planet. He always puts me in a good mood, he is insightful, and caring, and he knows his shit about apple products. Two songs remind me of Mike. First is "We walk" by R.E.M. and 2nd, is "only in dreams" by Weezer. Really all Weezer reminds me of Mike. But that song more than the rest. I have just been thinking about him, and I wanted to share a few stories about the man my husband told me it was okay for me to marry of he dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment